Tuesday, June 30, 2009

BIG NEWS

I AM MOVING TO TEXAS!
today, at my internship, i spun a globe because of pure boredom to see where i would eventually end up in my life. apparently i am going to live in texas. i dont know why, the humid parts are too humid and the dry parts are too dry. i have always wanted to live in denver... my finger landed over the panhandle of texas, near a small town called denver city. oh well, i guess that what happens when you live your life on pure chance.

but..... why not live our lives on chance? i mean there is nothing to depend on that would keep us from chancing it up. the world is always changing. we cannot even depend on money, the economy is a dump. what can we depend on? friends, family? they will in some way let us down - they are human, thats what humans do. so, other than God, life is everchanging.

i hate change, i think. i like being comftorable with where i am at in life. i hated going to high school, and masters commission, and college. its hard for me when new national leaders take over, or i enter into a new position in life. all my life, i have wanted consistency, and all my life i have never gotten it. even my favorite sports teams are not consistent. being at evangel is the most consistent my life has ever been. but in a year that will all change. thus, the globe spinning.

consitency is so easy, change is so difficult. but then again, who said life would be easy.

growth without change is impossible!

3 comments:

  1. Oh- I am 100% with you! Haha- change is so hard for me! I have finally gotten to a point where I actually love Spain.. and now I'm leaving in 6 days to begin yet another new adventure..But I guess thats what change is about.. new adventures! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. good idea with the globe spinning...last time i did that it told me i would be living in africa, so who knows, maybe there is some truth to it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. globe-spinning landed me in thailand... so I dunno about that.

    but i agree. change stinks and yet... why is it so blasted necessary?

    by the way, if you're going to live in texas, don't live in the panhandle. denver city is not exactly the epicenter of excitement :) live in austin or san antonio! or better yet, by the beach!

    ReplyDelete